A multi-alarm fire in a Channelview grain silo was caused by a mechanical failure.
Firefighters rushed to the grain silo in the 16100 block of Peninsula Boulevard and found the top of the grain silo on fire on June 9. Several other departments’ firefighters were also on the scene to help.
Four firefighters went to the hospital with heat exhaustion. Several other firefighters were treated on the scene and released.
The fire was determined to be accidental, caused by a conveyer belt that burned out.
Source: Chron.com, “Channelview grain silo fire sends 4 firefighters to hospital, blaze ruled accidental,” by Jay R. Jordan, June 10, 2019