What if I’m injured?
- Seek immediate medical attention. If you are a family member of a severely injured person, see that your loved one is given proper medical care.
- Call the police to the scene. A police report and wrongdoer that is ticketed can help prove liability.
- After imminent danger has ceased, call your attorney. The Pellerin Law Firm will rapidly respond if you contact us for a free legal consultation.
- It is important that you contact your lawyer as soon as possible because time can be a very important factor. Many wrongdoers have lawyers immediately responding for them. They may begin to create their lies. Evidence can be destroyed or lost. This can make liability more difficult to prove.
- Recall the incident. Write down a summary of it if possible. This can be done with your lawyer.
- If approached by the person or company that hurt you, refuse to make a statement or sign anything until you speak with your attorney. This goes for the wrongdoer’s insurance company too. This could be a ploy for you to waive your right to bring a lawsuit later.
- Your lawyer can evaluate your case and let you know what your next step should be.
- Fight to hold the wrongdoer accountable.
Please learn more about the practice areas that the Pellerin Law Firm regularly offers clients.